The game board templates provide a variety of choices to place pictures into a game board format. This allows users to create a custom game board activity.
There are several styles of game boards: simple basic, a path, candy themed, smilie theme, ladder and slides, caterpillar, snake, winter, and honeycomb. More templates are added occasionally.
You can choose to include playing cards with most styles; or you may use the same pictures to create a game spinner or dice in the wizard.
Here are some activity ideas for Game Boards:
- Use characters or vocabulary from a story to become more familiar with the parts of the story.
- Use body movements: children have to move their bodies in the same way when they land on a square. Great for motor planning and development.
- Use words that focus on articualtion sounds such as "r words". Students have to say the word correctly when they land on the square. Fun wy to practice sounds.
- Use science vocabulary for fun practice of new words.
- Use target social skills as part of a behavior system to move up and earn a reward.
- Use theme items as games within a learning center.