Memory Matching Game
Using LessonPix.com, Parents can easily create a fun Memory Game using picture cards that you select.
It is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3!
- Select the pictures you want for your game and press the "Create Materials" button.
- Follow the wizard beginning by selecting, "Picture Cards".
- Print 2 copies of your picture cards.
When printing your Memory Matching picture cards, you may choose to print them on cardstock or index paper or laminate the cards so they will last.
You can create various themed memory cards to teach lessons, use characters from a story, utilize the interest of the child, or promote language skills. For example, if your child likes dinosaurs, you can easily select dinosaur pictures for Memory Game cards. If your child is learning about the letter M, select pictures that start with "M" like mouse, mitt, and mouth. You can create pictures that rhyme, in a category (ie: shapes, food, or clothing), or upload your own pictures of family and friends. You can create the Memory Matching Game you want - easily and with no wait!
How to Play:
- Using pairs of matching picture cards of each picture, lay the cards face down on a table or flat surface.
- Have the child turn over 1 card and say the picture on the card.
- Then have the child turn over the second card and see if they match. If they match, the child keeps the pair of cards. If they do not match, the child turns the cards back over and tries again.
If you have 2 or more players, the players can take turns turning over cards, looking for matching pairs. If they find a match, the player keeps the memory matching cards. The player at the end of the game with the most matches wins!