Themed Mats make learning fun and motivating. Just place your choice of small symbols on a themed picture such as Pumpkin, Mitten, or Spider Web. Great to use with favorite stories or holidays.
Choose from several themes: Apple Tree, Butterfly, Christmas Tree, Fall Tree, Mitt, Mitten, Nest, Placemat, Pumpkin, Shell, Stocking, Valentine, and Web.
Each mat comes in Black and white or color version. Use themed mats to teach vocabulary, articulation, story comprehension, social skills, etc.
There are so many ideas for using the themed mats. Check out just a few...
- Smash mat - smash playdough on each picture as you say the words (articulation or vocabulary)
- Make circle cards with the same pictures or corresponding pictures (rhymes, same beginning sound, etc,) and match the cards on top.
- Place story characters in the Themed Mat. Use a wikistick or markers to circle the character as they appear in the story.
- Use as a motivating themed choice board with activities to do. Mark as you complete each activity.
- Place in a writing center for themed vocabulary, characters, or strategies.
- Use with sight words, math equations, or alphabet for fun themed assessments.
Here are some examples of themed mats from the Sharing Center:
2. CCVC Smash Mat by Kayla Mead
3. Characters from a story
4. Mealtime Manners Mat
5. Read the words