There's A Bear On My Chair - by Ross Collins
Looking for rhyming practice or final /r/ practice? This cute book tells the story of a mouse who uses many /air/ rhymes to vent his anger about the bear on his chair. The illustrations are expressive and funny - you'll smile the whole way through.
Let's share some activities for this adorable book!
- Review some story vocabulary before you read. Talk about what the words mean and notice how they may sound the same.
Articulation /r/ Practice
- Let's play Go Fish! using vocab from this cute book...
- Bingo with /air/ in all positions
- Find the /air/ pictures
- Here are 3 piece puzzle cards that rhyme.
- Clothespin Cards - place a clothespin, clip, playdough ball, bingo dauber, or chip on the picture that rhymes with the bigger picture.